01/10/2021 0 Comments
BUSINESS PROCESS REVIEW - STEP NR. 1.
We are going to look at how to conduct a Business Process Review in 4 steps.
#1. Identify and map out your current processes.
It also helps to draw up a visual representation of the business process from start to finish and its interaction with people, departments, and software. This makes it easier to analyse and identify potential gaps and overload points.
Consider the following questions:
* Why was that step taken?
* Do you need anyone else’s approval to take that step or make that decision?
* Are there any exceptions to the rule?
* What in the process is broken?
* Which steps in the process create roadblocks?
* Which step requires the most time to complete?
* Which step causes the most delays?
* Are there any steps that cause costs/resources to go up?
* Are there any steps that cause quality to go down?